full native compile (was: Re: stats say SBCL is 78 875 % faster than nat

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: full native compile (was: Re: stats say SBCL is 78 875 % faster than natively compiled Elisp)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 13:36:20 +0100

> ;; byte > native: +7%

Another thing I discovered doing this, not all my Elisp is
natively compiled!

It seems .el files that are just loaded, i.e.
with `load-file', are not natively compiled and cached, for
this to happen one has to use `require' from a file that is
itself natively compiled.

But then, uhm, how dow it all start?

As the experiment above show, the increase in speed compared
to byte compilation isn't huge, but it's still
substantial (7%). I'll take it!

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal