Re: pandoc-mode

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: pandoc-mode
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 20:52:13 +0100

On Tue, Feb 14 2023, Bruno Barbier wrote:
> Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:
>> I loaded the pandoc-mode:
>>
>> M-x pandoc-mode
>>
>> and there came up this messages:
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>>    string-match("markdown" nil)
>
> You should have other lines below this one, that might help us help you.

Yes, there should be more, or otherwise do `M-x toggle-debug-on-error` before
running pandoc-mode. That should pop up a backtrace buffer, the contents of that
buffer should provide more insight.

> Note that pandoc-mode is not part of Emacs and that it has its own
> mailing list:
>
>    https://groups.google.com/g/pandoc-discuss

Actually, that's the mailing list for Pandoc itself, not for pandoc-mode, which
doesn't have a mailing list. If you have a Github account, it's best to open an
issue here: <https://github.com/joostkremers/pandoc-mode/issues>. Otherwise, you
might as well contact me directly. (I'm the pandoc-mode maintainer;
unfortunately, work is taking up a lot of my time, so I haven't been able to
dedicate as much time to pandoc-mode as I should...)

> Else, FWIW, turning pandoc-mode ON doesn't raise any error in my Emacs.

It doesn't for me, either.

HTH

--
Joost Kremers