Re: Gnus: Blocked message to gmail addresses

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Gnus: Blocked message to gmail addresses
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 21:15:08 +0100

"H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

> Above configurations seem to apply when I'm "in" a respective group but
> how can I set parameters when I'm in the Gnus' *Group* buffer and want
> to write a new mail (m) or with C-x m from an arbitrary buffer?
>
> So far I'm always getting
>
> Gcc: nnfolder+archive:sent.2023-02
>
> instead of
>
> Gcc: nnimap+1und1:Sent

The relevant part from the manual is this:

    All clauses that match the group name will be used, but the last
    setting “wins”. So if you have two clauses that both match the group
    name, and both set, say display, the last setting will override the
    first.

So depending on your setup, you could write:

    (setq gnus-parameters
          '((".*"
             (gcc-self . "nnimap+1und1:Sent"))

             (further refinements here)
             (...)))

And then you should also delete the part which is responsible for

    Gcc: nnfolder+archive:sent.2023-02

Best, Arash