GTK theme while running emacs without gnome shell

From: Kenned Doll
Subject: GTK theme while running emacs without gnome shell
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 12:06:38 -0800

I built emacs 28.1 from source on ubuntu 22.04 running under WSL2 on windows 11. I have the theme specified using the GTK_THEME environment variable. The theme works as expected in gnome-terminal and nautilus, but for emacs it only works within the window. The border and title bar are white and I'm using Adwaita-dark theme.

So, first, do you know how I can get the theme to apply to the title bar and border?

Also, I thought the titlebar and border were ordinarily supplied by a desktop manager or desktop shell. Since I'm not running a DM, where is that coming from?