Re: Re asciidoctor

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Re asciidoctor
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 15:58:01 +0300

* Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> [2023-02-11 14:03]:
> Hi Jean,
>
> in using markdown-mode
> I can show all key-bindings with
> C-c C-h

I guess you can do that in any mode, unless some mode overwrites that
key binding.

> 1.
> Is that also possible with adoc-mode?
> I tried, but it didn’t work.

I have just tried and it worked.

You can also use:

M-x describe-keymap RET

or C-h M-k, <help> M-k

> 2.
> if I do some formatting in adoc-mode
> is there a possibility to show immediately the outcome in an other window
> beside my emacs buffer?
> because after every change I would have to do a
> C-c a to open the browser to see the outcome.

There are various ways. I would recommend following:

Asciidoctor.js Live Preview – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US):
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/asciidoctorjs-live-preview/

1. Install that extension
2. Try to install web server
3. Try to use it

Cannot promise it will work.

There are various ways:

- you could use HTML template and install refresh of 2 seconds

- you could use Asciidoctor style or settings, and install HTTP
  refresh

- you can use Emacs Lisp and install refresh:

(run-with-timer SECS REPEAT FUNCTION &rest ARGS)
  Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 19.31.

Then I believe there is way to do it:

(defun rcd-asciidoctor-preview-buffer-as-html ()
  "Convert asciidoctor to file `/tmp/my.html'"
  (let* ((asciidoc (buffer-string))
         (tmp-file "/tmp/my.html")
         (html (rcd-asciidoctor asciidoc)))
    (with-temp-file tmp-file
      (insert html))))

That means function will export HTML from buffer. Then you can use this:

(run-with-timer 1 3 #'rcd-asciidoctor-preview-buffer-as-html)

And then you install this extension to Firefox or Firefox-like browser:

Tab Reloader (page auto refresh) – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US):
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-reloader/

And then you turn on page reloading!

That way you can export each few seconds and watch it in browser.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman