Re: text formating

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: text formating
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 22:37:23 +0300

* Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> [2023-02-08 19:50]:
> I installed markdown-mode in Emacs, but I have Emacs 28.2, so I can’t set
> the keymap for C-c a.

Then you use:

(define-key KEYMAP KEY DEF &optional REMOVE)

So like this:

(define-key markdown-mode-map (kbd "C-c a") #'rcd-markdown-preview)

> I also installed Pandoc and emacs-pandoc-mode

Pandoc is good for various conversions of documents.

For example markdown to PDF, it can work I guess. I have many
functions for pandoc too.

> I opended emacs and evoked markdown-mode and it opened my file in
> markdown-mode. So at least it works.

Good, now just to define key to get preview. Some people make their
notes in markdown. It is more compatible with mobile editors on mobile
devices then Org mode.

I seriously consider using Enriched Mode as it is more visual, just
that I make `paps` work with it.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns