Re: operations on path lists

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: operations on path lists
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 14:44:24 -0700

thanks.  i was aware that emacs lisp can do that find.  i was trying
to be clear about the origin of the path list, so as to help motivate
the example of a set of lines that, in the case i was omst interested
in, were fs paths.

also, i put in the sort, but could hae left it out for better
generality.  but the find could be much more complex and part of
something that naturally occurs while using the shell in shell mode,
and further processing like deleting lines can be done.  the point i
was trying to make is that i have a set of lines.  and the sub-case of
lines that are paths is what i was most interested in.

and the problem is one of distinguishing the lines so that there is
more clarity for the user.  and possibly shortcutting.

in other words, i was not asking about find, but about the path lists.
:]  but thank you for the find code.  :]

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com