Re: text formating

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: text formating
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 12:08:40 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2023-02-03 10:33]:
> If you are talking specifically about WYSIWYG printing, then yes, we
> still aren't where we should be, especially with non-ASCII text;
> patches welcome.  But the OP didn't mention that, so this is not
> necessarily what was the issue.

Here is how Enriched Text may become word processor with pleasant
result:

1. Enriched mode, with some addition of font sizes or similar

2. By converting Enriched Text to Pango markup

3. By using Pango markup in Emacs Lisp program

   Pango – 1.0: Text Attributes and Markup:
   https://docs.gtk.org/Pango/pango_markup.html

   Pango Markup:
   https://shinmera.github.io/pango-markup/

4. By using `paps' command, I have made package for it, but it may be
   used by various methods:

   GNU Emacs package: rcd-paps.el:

https://gnu.support/gnu-emacs/packages/GNU-Emacs-package-rcd-paps-el-76862.html

5. By converting on the fly the Enriched Text to Pango markup

6. By using Pango markup to produce printable documents with `paps'

The above workflow can produce visually pleasant text with all
attributes how Pango markup has it, provided that Enriched mode get
translation to Pango markup.

Could somebody help with making of such package? For me, I do not know
exactly where to start.

Michael how about some power from North?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman