Setting debug-on-error and debug-ignored-errors

From: carlmarcos
Subject: Setting debug-on-error and debug-ignored-errors
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 11:07:26 +0200 (CEST)

Does one usually set debug-on-error and debug-ignored-errors variables before
launching emacs.

I am also having difficulty seeing the errors

For instance, suppose I remove an openingĀ  parenthesis, to get the error

Invalid read syntax: )

Why does emacs not help me by also showing me the file and line number at which
it is complaining.
I usually have a number of init files that are run from my .emacs file, yet
emacs debug errors does not print such details.