Re: Changing buffer mode

From: carlmarcos
Subject: Re: Changing buffer mode
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 17:55:08 +0200 (CEST)

Jul 21, 2022, 14:50 by incal@dataswamp.org:

>>> Use it?
>>>
>>>  (completing-read "drop: " '(little boy fat man))
>>>
>> Yes, but then how can I update the buffer with the
>> new mode?
>>

> The same way you always do it?

I do not know the usual way.

Have started with the following but with few ideas of how to supply appropriate
value to buffer.

(defun mode-sweep (mode)
  "Cycle the buffer through three major modes (text, org, normal)."

  (interactive
   (list
    (let ( (cseq '("org-mode" "text-mode" "normal-mode")) )
      (completing-read "Major-mode: " cseq nil t "normal-mode"))))

  (with-current-buffer buffer
   (funcall (intern mode))) )