Re: Emacs freezes when editing a file with one extremely long line even

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Emacs freezes when editing a file with one extremely long line even with so-long-minor-mode enabled.
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 14:48:38 +0800

On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 12:53 PM Michael Heerdegen
<michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > But I'm currently using the following configuration in my
> > `~/.emacs.d/init.el`, I wonder how to merge your above tricks into
> > them, as shown below: [...]
>
> I've only limited experience with this stuff.

According to the suggestion given by the author of so-long package, I
changed to the following configuration now:

(use-package so-long
  :config
  (setq-default so-long-action 'longlines-mode)
  (setq-default longlines-show-hard-newlines t)
  (global-so-long-mode +1)
  )

See here [1] for the related discussion some time ago on the list.

> What questions do you have specifically?

Not at the moment.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2022-03/msg00511.html

> Michael.

HZ