Re: Gnus Emacs Header

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus Emacs Header
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 18:00:47 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> Signature is not header, though such information could be
> placed in signature. Though people who receive email for
> first time or receive email from multiple staff members from
> same organization may be less confused when the first, in
> the header, see some basic information about WHO IS THIS?
> WHERE IS THAT PERSON FROM? WHAT IS IT ABOUT? Though people
> should be reading from email headers, but reality is that
> this is less today than before.

Yeah, but what you are suggesting is, adapt (downgrade) your
own behavior to better suit an assumption of other people's
ignorance and incompetence.

But two wrongs don't make a right.

And the assumption isn't correct - not always anyway.

>> I like what Snowden did (and read his book) but putting
>> a message about him, the same message, in every mail will
>> just annoy people since they didn't ask for it still will
>> see it over and over.
>
> [...] it is similar to signature right?

Nope, because the signature can be opted-out,

  (setq gnus-treat-hide-signature t)

And, the signature is the agreed-upon place for such recurring
user-defined data.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal