Re: "Screen"-like functionality

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: "Screen"-like functionality
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 23:53:25 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary <lists@traduction-libre.org> writes:

>> On Aug 23, 2021, at 23:48, Julius Hamilton <julkhami@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks very much.
>>
>> How would I launch the Eww web browser in the top half of the Emacs screen,
>> i.e. split the window into two windows?
>
> Split in 2 with C-x 2
> Launch the browser with M-x eww
>
>> And then, if I call C-x b, I can switch to a different buffer just for that
>> top half window?
>
> Yes, and you can go to the other buffer with C-x o

Pretty much so.

You can also enable windmove to move up/down between tob and bottom
windows:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WindMove

Windmove is included in Emacs so you can just (require 'windmove) in
your setup, and possibly remap those keys to something more convenient
than defaults. Maybe this little article can help you:

http://pragmaticemacs.com/emacs/whizz-between-windows-with-windmove/