Re: changing font and font size in terminal emacs-27.2

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: changing font and font size in terminal emacs-27.2
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 20:29:01 +0100

    > On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 10:33:29PM +0530, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:
    >> How do I change the font and size when I run emacs in a terminal
    >> i.e emacs-nox?  I'm running emacs-27.2 in wsl and for the GUI
    >> emacs I can configure the font like so

    > I think you have to set the terminal's font for that. As far as I
    > know, Emacs has no way to change the terminal's font.

If you are using xterm then set the font in ~/.Xdefaults and/or
~/.Xresources. For example, I have

! Set font and size:
XTerm*faceName: DejaVu Sans Mono Book
!XTerm*faceName: Monospace
XTerm*faceSize: 10

For other settings, search the Internet for .Xdefaults .Xresources. The
particular file depends on the Linux flavor. I have both files
identical.

Hope this helps.