Re: Eval keymapp in a macros

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Eval keymapp in a macros
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 05:18:27 +0200

Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:

> Yes, I agree, and it is confusing to other people to see stuff without
> quotes and dashes, as I saw in that mentioned reddit thread.

The problem I mean is that when you later want to search where you bound
command XY, you can't just grep for define-key.*XY or so, it's harder to
find stuff afterwards.  So while your file gets marginally smaller it
also gets harder to navigate.  Seems most people come to the conclusion,
over the years, that such abbreviations are not worth it.  Happened to
me as well.  If you do this kind of thing in a lot of places you risk a
big mess in your init file.

Michael.