Re: How to have a variable always set for emacs --debug-init

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: How to have a variable always set for emacs --debug-init
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:10:44 +0200

"Y. E." <yugenekr@gmail.com> writes:

> I use Emacs 28.0.50 and have (setq bookmark-fontify nil)
> in my init.el file.
> When I load emacs with --debug-init option, that setting is,
> of course, neglected.
> How can I specify some setting(s) to be always force-set,
> even on emacs --debug-init load? (other than changing the
> variable(s) in the source.)
> I hope there's some simple and usable approach.

--debug-init should not affect the setting of variables on init.el or
other initialization files, it is just a debug aid.

Maybe you intended to say -q (or -Q). For -q, site-start.el is still
loaded (see the info node "The Emacs initialization file" for details).

For -Q, you are out of luck: other than dumping or building your own
Emacs with the value of that variable changed, AFAIK it is not possible.