Re: Exporting form emacs texinfo-mode to dvi, pdf, and html

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Exporting form emacs texinfo-mode to dvi, pdf, and html
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 07:07:14 +0200

lisa-asket wrote:

> I managed to get it to work actually. Why do you say it is
> already there ?

The GNU make and the Makefile system is

1) much better
2) already present

> You have to input the commands myself if I do not use the
> function I defined

Don't write Elisp instead of a Makefile. It is

1) argh
2) ...

Here is what the man page say for make(1):

 The make utility will determine automatically which pieces of
 a large program need to be recompiled, and issue the commands
 to recompile them. The manual describes the GNU
 implementation of make, which was written by Richard Stallman
 and Roland McGrath, and is currently maintained by Paul
 Smith. Our examples show C programs, since they are very
 common, but you can use make with any programming language
 whose compiler can be run with a shell command. In fact, make
 is not limited to programs. You can use it to describe any
 task where some files must be updated automatically from
 others whenever the others change.

That's right! It is like automation automated.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal