Re: common lisp vs elisp.

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: common lisp vs elisp.
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 10:35:38 +0300

* Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> [2021-06-20 09:59]:
> Such being the case, IELM is the only available REPL env for Elisp,
> but I'm not sure if it's full-featured.

I find it more useful than Common Lisp REPL.

If you start observing features, it will allow switching working buffers and
thus context of evaluation. That is like multiple REPLs in same
session. Then you have nice menues and plethora of options not
available in other LISP implementations' REPL-es.

Most of time I use M-: to evaluate quickly, thus all of the Emacs is
one big REPL.

Common Lisp is a pleasure to program. But I have changed almost all
programs from Common Lisp to Emacs Lisp without regret as I got the
user interfaces both in console and GUI. For now I use Common Lisp on
remote servers handling dynamic communication with clients and sending
me encrypted emails. I have a plan to switch that as well to Emacs
Lisp.

My areas of programming are exclusively communications such as emails,
SMS, phone calls, faxes, letters, mostly related to marketing and
relationships with people and the Dynamic Knowledge Repository.

About Dynamic Knowledge Repositories (DKR)
https://www.dougengelbart.org/content/view/190/163/

In other subjects, maybe some heavy calculations, collection of data
from networks, heavy data processing, networking, I could use Common
Lisp.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns