Re: pdf-tools documentation

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: pdf-tools documentation
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 22:58:14 +0200

Julius Hamilton <julkhami@gmail.com> writes:

> I am relatively new to Emacs.
>
> I am trying to learn how to use pdf-tools, for example its highlighting
> features.
>
> I noticed on its official page, https://github.com/politza/pdf-tools, it
> has a lot of instructions about installation, and a list of some commands,
> but there's no link to any complete documentation which includes all
> features.
>
> How can I learn about its features in detail?
>
> Should I use some kind of Emacs help command about the library?

The section at the end of the webpage you linked titled "Some
keybindings" is quite self-explanatory, as a pdf reader goes.

For more details, while visiting a pdf file with pdf-tools, you can use

C-h k <key sequence>

for seeing the docstring of the command associated to that sequence.

You can also invoke the command pdf-tools-help, which will show commands
and variables associated with the mode.

Finally

M-x customize-group [ENTER] pdf-tools [ENTER]

will show an interface for configuring how pdf-tools works.