changelog and diff-add-change-log-entries-other-window (git, HG)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: changelog and diff-add-change-log-entries-other-window (git, HG)
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 10:03:35 +0200

Hi

add-change-log-entry-other-window works great in lisp files, and with
some tweaks in LaTeX files, but in other files I am missing some context
information.

So I thought, for files that are under git or HG, to run vc-diff
and then
diff-add-change-log-entries-other-window

But when I do that, nothing of the diff files is inserted, I cannot see
any difference to add-change-log-entry-other-window.

What do I miss here.

I searched emacs wiki for any enhancement of
add-change-log-entry-other-window
in the sense that it would add more context based information but cannot
find anything.

Any comments?

Regards

Uwe Brauer