Re: Using aspell in emacs

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Using aspell in emacs
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 17:22:14 +0300

* Emanuel Berg <moasenwood@zoho.eu> [2021-06-15 17:18]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > PLEASE NOTE: you are supposed to use Emacs Manual and at
> > least search through Emacs Manual by looking for keywords
> > related to your issues. Then you should say what searches

> > you miss the solutions just because you don't look into
> > the manual.
>
> I know, but curiously enough, can you give an example of such
> a manual?

It's (info "(emacs) Top") then I use C-s to search for "aspell" where
it says: These commands only work if a
spelling checker program, one of Hunspell, Aspell, Ispell or Enchant, is
installed.  These programs are not part of Emacs, but one of them is
usually installed on GNU/Linux and other free operating systems.  *Note
Aspell: (aspell)Top.

And I have never "set" the "aspell" program, that just works
automatically if you have oneof those spell checker programs.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman