Re: [SOLVED with `eval']: Why I cannot use this variable in macro call f

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [SOLVED with `eval']: Why I cannot use this variable in macro call from function?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 10:03:16 +0300

* tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> [2021-06-09 09:52]:
> [skipping the rest. I don't want even to think wrapping my head
> around all that before basic things are not cleared. You'll have
> to find yourself another sparring partner for this one, sorry]

Feel free to be more direct. If I don't see what you see and that is
exactly what I wish to know, then tell me. If you remain mysterious
even while it is clear that I don't see what you are pointing out, how
do you expect me to see it without explanation?

I had problems constructing a macro, then I got information it is
special form, it will not work, etc. So it works now with `eval'.

The bottom question is if some other solution exists or not to
dynamically create completing-read and read-from-minibuffer history
variables.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns