Re: How to dump Emacs and use as application snapshot?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How to dump Emacs and use as application snapshot?
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 19:02:15 -0400

> I wish some speed at opening whole environment.

I don't know what you mean by "whole environment".
Is that "GUI environment with Emacs running inside of it"?
Or "a whole new Emacs session with all my .emacs config loaded"?
Or "a whole new Emacs session with all my .emacs config loaded and all
the files I had previously open displayed in the same frames and
windows as before"?

A "dump" might help the second case, but for the first and third
I suspect that its benefits will be lost in the noise.
And of course, there are many other ways to speed up the second case
(mostly by trying to be careful to load packages lazily).

        Stefan