Reading Atom feeds with Gnus

From: Harald Jörg
Subject: Reading Atom feeds with Gnus
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 01:40:13 +0200

Hello all,

I'm moving (back) to Gnus as my mail+news+feed client, after having
tried another program for some time without being really happy with it.
During that time, some of the feeds I like to read moved from RSS to
Atom-only - and I haven't figured out how to read those with Gnus.

Right now, I'm using news.gwene.org to convert the Atom feeds to NNTP
which works quite fine.  But this seems to be an unneccessary detour, so
I'd prefer some "direct" approach.

So... is there a recommended way to read Atom feeds with Gnus?
--
Cheers,
haj