gdb mode with gdb command from the docker

From: William Xu
Subject: gdb mode with gdb command from the docker
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:08:36 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to use gdb mode with the gdb command from the docker image.
So i defined a wrapper of gdb from docker:

---------------------------------8<-------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
arg="$@"
docker exec -i myproject gdb -i=mi ${arg}
---------------------------------8<-------------------------------------

Then invoke the gdb with: (gdb "/path/gdbWrapper").  The *gud* buffer
can be created successfully. The executable file can be loaded OK,
however,  it reports some tty error while trying to run the executable:

---------------------------------8<-------------------------------------
(gdb) file a.out
Load new symbol table from "a.out"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from
terminal]
Reading symbols from a.out...done.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /test/a.out
/dev/ttys002: No such file or directory.
During startup program exited with code 1.
(gdb)

If I run the gdbWrapper directly from a terminal application,
everything is fine, i don't see the same error there.  What could be
wrong in the gdb mode?

--
William