Re: Deleting a word using keybinding

From: Jeremie Juste
Subject: Re: Deleting a word using keybinding
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 13:10:58 +0200

Hello,

To investigate I usually separate the problem into two parts
Frist the key binding and second the function.

The function test work as you expect when calling M-x test

(defun test ()
  (interactive)
       (progn  (backward-word)
               (kill-word 1)) )

(global-set-key (kbd "C-<tab>") 'test)

For the keybinding I guess it will depend on the mode you are in. As tab
is intensively used so a minor mode might take control of it if I
understand correctly. A way to test it would be to test the binding in
fundamental-mode.

HTH,
Jeremie