Re: How to format this type of timestamp

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to format this type of timestamp
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 12:05:40 +0300

* Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> [2020-10-04 21:42]:
> I think tomas’s remark was about the fact that you hardcode +03 in
> your format string but you let Emacs auto-detect your local time zone.
> This can cause an inconsistency if it detects a zone other than +03.
> Two better options would be:
>
> a. Let Emacs auto-detect the time zone and use the %Z format specifier
> to preserve the detected time zone in the string.
>
>     (format-time-string "%F %T.%6N%Z" (/ 1599549641372 1000.0))
>     ⇒ "2020-09-08 14:20:41.371999+07"

Thank you.

It is not good to hard code in my specific case, and also not good to
assume the default local time zone as messages are coming from various
countries in various time zones, it is not practical that I assume my
local time zone, so I am waiting for the answer from developers of
Silence SMS application, as maybe the time is UTC time, then it will
be alright, then I can convert it properly to PostgreSQL timestamp
with time zone.

Thanks for directions.