Re: Another Emacs incompatibilty

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Another Emacs incompatibilty
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 01:00:59 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

>>> Mark a region, immediately press e.g. "A".
>>> The region is zapped and replaced by an A.
>>>
>>> That used to insert an A at the insert point
>>> since TECO emacs until a few releases back.
>>
>> Still does for me in a vanilla Emacs. Maybe it's
>> something in your config?
>
> Sounds like cua-mode...

Yes, I just tried this and can confirm the "zap"
behavior is there only after `cua-mode' with -Q in

  GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) of
  2019-09-23, modified by Debian

One thing I wonder tho is... why do you mark a region
and press "A" to begin with? What's the purpose of
doing that? If the "zap" isn't what you want,
that is?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573