Re: diff-goto-source hi-jacks my M-o

From: Tomas Nordin
Subject: Re: diff-goto-source hi-jacks my M-o
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 22:07:08 +0200

Dmitry Alexandrov <dag@gnui.org> writes:

> Tomas Nordin <tomasn@posteo.net> wrote:
>> Dmitry Alexandrov <dag@gnui.org> writes:
>>>
>>>     (define-minor-mode my-precious-keys-mode "" t)
>>>     (defvar my-precious-keys-map (make-sparse-keymap))
>>>     (add-to-list 'emulation-mode-map-alists
>>>                  (list (cons 'my-precious-keys-mode my-precious-keys-map)))
>>>         (define-key my-precious-keys-map (kbd "M-o") #'other-window)
>
>> define-dummy-mode-and-dummy-key-map-…
>
> I am not sure, what ‘dummy’ is supposed to mean here?  Minor mode is fully
> functional, that is you are free to disable and reenable it at will:

I think I sort of tried to be funny, based on that the mode was made up
just to keep a key binding available in all situations. And that the
trickery with the key-maps is hard to follow for me.

I got the impression that it sufficed to evaluate the forms, I mean, I
didn't say, M-x my-precious-keys-mode .