Re: wrong type error in local variables

From: Douglas Lewan
Subject: Re: wrong type error in local variables
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 10:07:46 -0400

On 7/3/20 4:33 AM, Anders Munch wrote:
Douglas Lewan:
The problem is that it changes the buffer.
Which is sometimes what you want.
I grepped my personal elisp for find-file, and found three uses, neither of
which
could be replaced by find-file-noselect.

regards,
Anders
I agree. /Sometimes/ it's what you want. I know I've written things that use dired-find-file, but that's usually the last thing I call. The underlying application doesn't depend on switching to another buffer; it's just that the result switches the buffer at the end just for the user. /Usually/ an application doesn't want to do that. After all, switching buffers more than once might undo a previous switch.

--
,Doug
d.lewan2000@gmail.com

If this is what winning looks like, I'd hate to see what losing is.