Windows named sockets

From: Nikoleta Misheva
Subject: Windows named sockets
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 23:27:54 +0100

Hello all,
I am not entirely sure if this is the correct place to ask, but here goes. I was trying to replicate my emacs configuration to Windows and I noticed that the daemon support on Windows is different i.e you cannot use named sockets.

Then I found this bug https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2015-01/msg00814.html that describes the implementation and that the reason for not having named sockets on Windows is that filesystem sockets are not supported.

However since a certain Windows version that is available https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/af_unix-comes-to-windows/  .

So my question is - is this something planned or was it decided against it?

Best regards,
Nikoleta Misheva