help-debbugs

bug#63046: Fail to update gajim

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: bug#63046: Fail to update gajim
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 09:19:52 +0200

Hello David,

Am Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 01:43:36PM +0200 schrieb David Lecompte:
> I am using Guix on Trisquel 11. I have the gajim package installed.
> After guix pull, doing guix package -u does this:
> The following derivation will be built:
>   /gnu/store/apm7g4d3pi9fmh30aml28q31dymn6p1b-gajim-1.4.7.drv

thanks for your report! The message indicates that no binary substitute
is available from our build servers, so that your computer tries to build
the package itself. This currently fails on master and also on the soon to
be merged core-updates.

I hope someone will fix it soon (John: it fails due to its dependency
python-gssapi, so it could be tackled with the Python packages update
you are planning; to not forget it, I will bcc our bug tracker); in the
meantime, you can try to update everything but gajim like so:
   guix package --do-not-upgrade gajim -u

Andreas