Re: feature todo .. be able to unset vars at assignment stage , without

From: alex xmb sw ratchev
Subject: Re: feature todo .. be able to unset vars at assignment stage , without unset util , for coding language fair extendment
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 16:01:59 +0100

On Wed, Feb 21, 2024, 22:38 Chet Ramey <chet.ramey@case.edu> wrote:

> On 2/21/24 2:54 PM, alex xmb sw ratchev wrote:
>
> > I find it a bit difficult to understand what you are asking for.  Could
> >> you please provide a more detailed example of what you are trying to do,
> >> and what the potential benefits of the feature would be?
> >>

> > many codes can be done via variable assignment , chained well speedy
>
> OK. What's the use case for this?

chaining assign-only statements ,
inside those i was trying conditional assignments , for different code
running then ..
say one checks for beginning / in string , another if an $arr is empty ..
.. and do run assign with different contents ..

i met i think a few [[ or (( if's that can be incorporated into assign only
code

a unset feature would extend this programming ability

> > case like .. im sorry im stuck struggling hours on code or english ,
> casing
> >
> > say i wanna do major here and there with assigments only
>
> Why? What advantage does that provide?

i try sometimes to code this way , many assigns , for learning if this
style is any good ..

also a major point is speed , i suppose assign only codes could yield some
speed up
not sure but i hope for it