input characters echoing is broken

From: Rubén Gonzalez
Subject: input characters echoing is broken
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 15:27:28 +0100

Hello

I am a maintainer of Fluster, an open-source testing framework for video
decoder conformance.

After researching a bug reported [1], we could create a simple Python
script that breaks bash input characters echoing.

The Python script is in the GitHub issues. As I can not reproduce the issue
with other shells, I imagine it is related to bash. Can you help me with
the next steps to check? Or ideas to research?

Thank you very much,
Ruben

[1] https://github.com/fluendo/fluster/issues/147