Re: While loop and stdin

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: Re: While loop and stdin
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 02:47:16 +0100

Thanks a lot Greg and Dennis,

The problem is much more clear for me now! Greg's link [1] in particular was very informative; thanks!

Having reviewed your points carefully, and also thinking about the behavior of other programs on the command line (for example AWK), in [2] I have modified the behavior of the problematic Gnuastro program: until now it would read standard input, even if a file was given as an input argument! From now on, it will only check standard input when no input file is given on the command-line.

This problem should therefore not happen any more for that program.

Thanks again for the prompt help :-)
Cheers,
Mohammad

[1] https://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashFAQ/089