Re: Conditional actions according to user input

From: alex xmb ratchev
Subject: Re: Conditional actions according to user input
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 11:02:05 +0200

On Sun, 23 Apr 2023, 6:28 am uzibalqa, <uzibalqa@proton.me> wrote:

> I have a set of possible user input formats stared in an array
>
> For instance
>
> pary=( "-p+([[:digit:]])"  "-g+([[:digit:]])"  "-q" )
>
> I then want to match these with the actual user inputs
>
>   for gpn in "${pary[@]}"
>   do
>     if [[ "$arg" == $gpn ]]; then
>

> What I do after is dependent on whether the user used the digit form (e.g
> "-p+([[:digit:]])")
> or the isolated predicate form (e.g. "-q").

another try

set -- -q -q200 -v -v400

  for arg ; do
 [[ $arg != -* ]] &&
continue # no arg
pre=${arg%%[0-9]}
 if [[ $arg == *[0-9] ]] ; then
num=${arg##[!0-9]?}
printf 'arg %s num %s\n' "$pre" "$num"
 else
printf 'arg %s nonum\n' "$pre"
 fi
  done

~ $ bash c.2
arg -q nonum
arg -q20 num 200
arg -v nonum
arg -v40 num 400

How can I handle the aforementioned functionality in a clear and compact