Conditional actions according to user input

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Conditional actions according to user input
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 04:27:23 +0000

I have a set of possible user input formats stared in an array

For instance

pary=( "-p+([[:digit:]])"  "-g+([[:digit:]])"  "-q" )

I then want to match these with the actual user inputs

  for gpn in "${pary[@]}"
  do
    if [[ "$arg" == $gpn ]]; then

What I do after is dependent on whether the user used the digit form (e.g
or the isolated predicate form (e.g. "-q").

How can I handle the aforementioned functionality in a clear and compact way?