Re: run a complete -F function inside HERE document?

From: Chet Ramey
Subject: Re: run a complete -F function inside HERE document?
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 09:49:55 -0400

On 4/16/23 2:45 PM, Britton Kerin wrote:
I'd like to be able to generate completion candidates inside a HERE
document.  Unfortunately this doesn't work:

Readline is pretty line-oriented, so there's no going back there. There
isn't any plumbing on the bash side of completion to go back in the
history to the beginning of the command (not possible unless you're using
command-oriented history) to check the command word when the parser is
reading a here-document.

If someone wanted to take a shot at augmenting shell completion to do that,
I'd be glad to take a look at integrating it.

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    chet@case.edu    http://tiswww.cwru.edu/~chet/