fuse

From: lacsaP Patatetom
Subject: fuse
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 13:33:03 +0200

hi,

I have a bash script that calls another bash script like this :
device=$( other.script ) ||
  exit 1

this other/sub script mounts a Windows partition and returns its path :
mount /dev/sdXy /mnt &&
  echo debug >> /dev/stderr &&
    echo /dev/sdXy ||
  exit 1

no problem when this partition is of FAT type.
on the other hand, when this partition is of type exFAT or NTFS, the
master script stops despite the display of the "debug".
in these two cases, it is FUSE which takes part in the mounting of the
partition : I thus suppose that it is at this level that the blocking
intervenes...
would someone have an explanation or encountered this problem ?

regards, lacsaP.