Re: What is wrong with a regex?

From: alex xmb ratchev
Subject: Re: What is wrong with a regex?
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 22:01:49 +0100

On Mon, Feb 6, 2023, 9:07 PM Chet Ramey <chet.ramey@case.edu> wrote:

> On 2/6/23 2:17 PM, alex xmb ratchev wrote:
>
> >     The bash version doesn't matter. The determining factor is the C
> library
> >     extended regular expression support.
> >

> > i d be for coding own all things , not so libc style
>
> No. Why would I want to drag a regexp library around? Even one from gnulib
> is just one more dependency to maintain. Stick with EREs as described in
> the POSIX standard and you should be fine.

well , i d would want to , .. self code everything ..
i mean u ask a funny question ..
.. the 'quality' is too low for me ..

at a second same word , i would never suggest me 'stick to apache and nginx
and mysql'
i do ( since long ) the reverse
like , not -> stick to non-newest debian ( debian in my case )
ppl tell me all kinds of outdated signs that i do invalid , uh ..

cant help it mate

o one ( again ) about posix ..
imo .. its still just invalid outdated ( wrong ) incomplete ..
my .. text is .. i do not support such

i did bash , bash isnt posix , .. but its also way not as complete as , i d
wish it , or wish a 'shell' ( command text associating whatever ) would want

greets