Re: Duration between two time stamps

From: Koichi Murase
Subject: Re: Duration between two time stamps
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 20:48:51 +0900

 2021年8月19日(木) 20:40 hancooper via <help-bash@gnu.org>:
> [...]
> As I had GNU bash, version 4.4, I have just installed
>
> GNU bash, version 5.1.8(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
>
> >> Am not getting output from $EPOCHREALTIME
>
> The problem is that the following is not getting me any output
>
> echo "$EPOCHREALTIME"

I recommend you rechecking that you are using the newly installed Bash
5.1 for sure. You could print $BASH_VERSION at the same time. Where is
the location of the new Bash? For example, if the shebang (i.e., the
first line) of the script is « #!/bin/bash » and the new Bash is
installed on a different path, the script file will continue to be
executed by the older Bash. You need to add the path of the new Bash
in PATH environment variable and update the shebang as «
#!/usr/bin/env bash » or directly specify the path of the new Bash as
« #!/path/to/new/bash ».

--
Koichi