Re: [Health-dev] Secure PostgreSQL connection?

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Secure PostgreSQL connection?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 20:43:57 +0000

Hi, Gerald!

On 2022-01-27 15:18, Gerald Wiese wrote:
Hey,

I remember someone questionning the PostgreSQL connection method during the GNU Health Con because pretty much everywhere in documentations "local all trust" is advised.

Is it really used like this for productive settings?

I feel OK with it, as long as it's restricted to localhost, the server dedicated to GH. It's the default method in systems such as FreeBSD and Arch.

Moreover, you still need a validated OS & Postgres user to login.

Of course, we can document other postgres authentication methods and let the admin decide which one to use.

All the best
Luis

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, MD, MSc