Re: [Health-dev] Localization German - new database on Raspi4 GH3.8

From: Armand MPASSY-NZOUMBA
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Localization German - new database on Raspi4 GH3.8
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 09:38:30 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Edgar,
Please call me and I'll guide you through the whole process.
Kind regards
Armand

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 10:36:03 AM GMT+1, Edgar Hagenbichler <edgar.hagenbichler@hagenbichler.at> wrote:

Hello Axel,

still I am working on the the translation issue, and I tried to make a new database:

First I tried, as described at https://en.opensuse.org/GNUHealth_on_openSUSE#Setup_more_in_detail, following setup:

su

need Password for root: test

GNUHealth-Raspi4:/home/test

systemctl start postgresql

su postgres

as postgres@GNUHealth-Raspi4:/home/test:

nano /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf

output: "folder var/lib/pgsql/data/ does not exist!"

searching for  "pg_hba.conf*" with PCMan-FMQt: F3, in /,  also subdirs and hidden: writes at the bottom line: 11 objects, 20 hidden, needs then 7 minutes to find 2 files pg_hba.conf.sample: one in /usr/share/postgresql13 , the other in /usr/share/postgresql12

So that was the wrong way, and I skipped the rest.

Then I tried to make the new database as described in your email from 24.4.2021, 12:54 MESZ by Axel Braun:

as postgres@GNUHealth-Raspi4:/home/test:

createdb health38_V2 --encoding='UTF-8' --owner=tryton

no error (but also no confirmation)

cnf trytond-admin

=> usr/bin/trytond-admin

su tryton -s /bin/bash

=> Passwort: test

=> su: Fehler bei Authentifizierung => first back to root, then again to su tryton -s /bin/bash => works

trytond-admin -c /usr/bin/trytond.conf --all -d health38_V2 -v

=> OSError: Database "health38_V2.sqlite doesn't exist"

Then I gave up.

Now I think: would it be possible to have a feature in the GNUHealth or the Tryton-client, that would just make a new database via the client, if I am already connected to a database? So that in fact it makes just a copy  of the current database, or uses the same template of the current database, that was used during the first installation of that database? I think, that would be great and would help a lot for laymen or simple users as I am.

Thank you very much!

All the best

Edgar