Re: [Health-dev] connecting to GNUHealth server within wlan: could not c

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] connecting to GNUHealth server within wlan: could not connect to server
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:09:16 +0200

Hello Edgar,

Am Samstag, 24. April 2021, 09:51:56 CEST schrieb Edgar Hagenbichler:

> Am 23.04.2021 um 18:25 schrieb Axel Braun:
> >> when I try to connect to my GNUHealth server on my Raspi within my wlan
> >> (10.0.0.15) with my Tryton client 5.0.33 I get the message "could not
> >> connect to server".  I can access the Federation server. I can ping the
> >> Raspi.
> >
> > - I logged in with ssh - works
>
> So I guess I need a ssh program? In Yast I find that there is openssh
> and openssh installed on the Raspi, but with systemctl status openssh I
> get "could not be found".

The ssh server is called sshd, the client program ssh. The server needs to be
running when you want to connect from the outside with a secure connection.
It is not required for GNU Health - it was just a test to demonstrate that the
Raspi can be accessed.
(You may want to use putty if you are not on a Linux box)

> > I guess that is not the best idea to have the home network open to the
> > world....considering that you are using highly vulnerable proprietary
> > systems....
>
> You are right, that is why I did it only with a clean old PC without
> vulnerable data and only for 10 seconds to check if it works ...

You would not want to stand 10s next to a gamma ray source, would you? Time to
reset the PC.....

Cheers
Axel