Re: [Health-dev] access database on own domain name via gnu health clien

From: ourdiaspora
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] access database on own domain name via gnu health client
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 18:26:24 +0000

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, April 13, 2020 3:55 PM, Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

> this is more a question for health@ ....

OK, have subscribed, but would prefer to subscribe via my RSS reader, similar
to:

https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/maillist.xml

> Is the client running on the same machine or a different one?

The client is a local machine, the server is remote

> Check that your server allows incoming connections on port 8000 (firewall
> settings)

>From the local machine, able to access the remote server via ssh, then the
>postgresql command confirms access:

psql -d gnuhealthdatabasename -U gnuhealthdatabasename -W

So far, have tried the following options in the GNU health client dialogue
window:

my.ip.address
my.ip.address:8000
my.ip.address:5432