Re: [Health-dev] [Health-announce] GNU Health patchset 3.6.2 released

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [Health-announce] GNU Health patchset 3.6.2 released
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 15:06:09 +0100

Hi Luis,

Am Samstag, 23. November 2019, 18:36:35 CET schrieb Luis Falcon:
> (main article at https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=9603)

Savannah seems to be unavailable at the moment

> Dear community
>
> GNU Health 3.6.2 patchset has been released !

the current tarball on pypi.io seems to be broken: It has only 770k and
basically no modules inside.

> *Priority*: High
>
> = Table of Contents =
>
> * About GNU Health Patchsets
> * Updating your system with the GNU Health control Center
> * Summary of this patchset
> * Installation notes
> * List of issues related to this patchset
>
> = About GNU Health Patchsets =
>
> We provide "patchsets" to stable releases. Patchsets allow applying bug
> fixes and updates on production systems. Always try to keep your
> production system up-to-date with the latest patches.
>
> Patches and Patchsets maximize uptime for production systems, and keep
> your system updated, without the need to do a whole installation.
>
> NOTE: Patchsets are applied on previously installed systems only. For
> new, fresh installations, download and install the whole tarball (ie,
> gnuhealth-3.6.2.tar.gz)
>
> = Updating your system with the GNU Health control Center =
>
> Starting GNU Health 3.x series, you can do automatic updates on the GNU
> Health HMIS kernel and modules using the GNU Health control center
> program.
>
> Please refer to the administration manual section (
> https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Control_Center )
>
> The GNU Health control center works on standard installations (those
> done following the installation manual on wikibooks). Don't use it if
> you use an alternative method or if your distribution does not follow
> the GNU Health packaging guidelines.

Can we agree on a slightly different wording here?

The GNU Health control center works on standard installations (those
done from source files as described on wikibooks).
Don't use it if you use the packages provided by your Linux-Distribution. Here
the system takes care about patches.

> = Summary of this patchset =
>
> Patch 3.6.2 fixes a problem in the obstetric history (OBS command) on
> representing the weeks at the end of pregnancy.

I have applied the patch to the openSUSE packages of release 3.6.1, so it has
the same patch level as the 3.6.2 release. Will update once the 3.6.2 tarball
is fixed

Cheers
Axel