[Health-dev] Date format and Locale in GH Client - was : Re: 3.6RC1 - so

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] Date format and Locale in GH Client - was : Re: 3.6RC1 - some testing results
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 13:33:30 +0100

Hi Axel !

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 12:59:40 +0200
Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

> > At least since Trytond 4.6, the date format is controlled by the
> > language set on the user, at Party level.
>
> Yes, that works fine if I set user-language of GH-User to german.
> But for English I have no chance to set it to English-English format.
> American English seems to be the default (language parameter in
> trytond.conf does not fix this!), which is IMO a bad choice

The user language is a parameter from the client, and is dictated by the
client.lang parameter at "gnuhealth-client.conf".

It seems like the user language overrides the client configuration
parameter "client.lang" (and all the locale representation associated
to it).

It used to be the case where the date representation was dictated by
the local user locale (mandated by locale -a). This provides maximum
flexibility. On the other hand, most people will have no problem by
using the default locale from the language they choose at Tryton / GH
level.

I actually like the latter option, but I agree we could study having a
way to override it at client level, and use the user's locale
independently of the login language.

Something to think / discuss about.

Best
Luis