Re: [Health-dev] Improving GNU Health inpatient prescribing functionalit

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Improving GNU Health inpatient prescribing functionality
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 09:16:58 +0000

Hi Andrew !

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 19:35:52 +0000 (GMT)
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Luis and dev team
>
> I have time to suggest ideas for improving inpatient prescribing
> functionality (if you want me to of course!).

Always grateful to you, for all the contributions you've done to
the project. Great to see you around ! :)

> First step is to suggest linking actual administration times to
> prescribing frequency.
>
> This could be done by adding an extra column (database column?)to the
> medication frequencies configuration setting.
>
> Health/Config/Medicaments/Medication Frequencies - Add new default
> frequency time.
>
> 1 time a day = 08:00
> 2 times a day = 08:00 20:00
> 3 times a day = 06:00 14:00 22:00
> every 8 hours = 06:00 14:00 22:00
>
> etc.
>
> This would then enable a software enhancement to instruct the ward
> nurse as to the exact time of day that the physician wants the
> inpatient medication to be administered.

Great ! Probably we can have a multiple selection field that allows to
add the add the admin times, so it complements the standard
frequencies, but also work for custom schedules.

Let me know your thoughts

Best,
Luis