Re: [Health-dev] Replace DU by address (Was : Show the DU address in the

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Replace DU by address (Was : Show the DU address in the main person info)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 13:55:23 +0100

Hi there !

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 07:29:51 +0700
Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2016-04-17 13:59, Luis Falcon wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 07:54:09 +0700
> > Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > I have another example: children of divorced couple, they often
> > > live in both parent places by intermittence.
> > >
> > Sure, and they also stay at friends houses, at their grandparents,
> > go to summer camps, etcetera ..
> >
> > A person can have a current DU at given time, and is all recorded on
> > the demographics history .
>
> Please could you explain, how do you historize a frequently switch?

Each person / patient assessment records the date along with
the current demographics (including the Domiciliary unit), socioeconomic
status, family functionality ... . Please see the screenshots[1][2]
showing the tree and form view.

> > It's important to know that GU Health Domiciliary Unit[1] and
> > Tryton address are two different concepts, that can perfectly
> > co-exist in their respective contexts, as explained
>
> For me, this conclusion is too fast. I see no argument in favor of
> separation which can not be solved in case of merge.

A DU has to have demographic / epidemiological significance. It must be
unique (for example, a cadastral code) , it shows all the members at any
given time, it has the infrastructure materials, it allows us to make
surveys[3]

Currently, the address concept does not have those attributes.

Take the PO Box[4]: The Postal Office Box is a valid address, yet it is
not a DU.

Another example where we would use the address model is with  relatives
living in another country. The address makes great contact
information , yet, we probably don't have the demographic /
infrastructure attributes to transform it into a DU.

> > Of course, GNU Health also records the contact of the relative, Next
> > of kin, friends, school, work, ... associated to the person, so we
> > cover all scenarios.
>
> I don't see what the link with the current question.

It's under the party general tab.

Look at the screenshot example[5], for the contact associated to the
"ex-husband". You can also specify if it's a school, work,
address.

Bests,

1 .- http://i.imgur.com/o0XxXV2.png
2 .- http://i.imgur.com/ML7Pd2L.png