Re: [Health-dev] [bug #46665] sex should not be required

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [bug #46665] sex should not be required
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 15:31:19 +0000

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 08:20:49 -0500
Marc Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Luis,
>
> On Sun, 2015-12-13 at 12:23 +0000, Luis Falcon wrote:
>

> > Let's not confuse the physical sex with legal or gender. This
> > issue has been brought up several times already, and I will change
> > the term "sex" for "gender" in the person (party) model.
>

> Whatever you do, please don't change sex to gender. They are very
> different concepts and sex is what we care about in health. [1]

Marc, please read my mail [1] where I took sometime to explain. I also
appreciate if you make the comments on the right thread.... It's about
using the right term in the right context, so we use gender in
scenarios such as person demographics , and sex (to denote physical /
biological)

1.- https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health-dev/2015-12/msg00101.html